No technical blog can start without commenting on the coding style. 90% of the times the code written by you would have to be understood by a third person who will enhance or maintain it. (The other 10% being college assignments.. even there the code has to be understood by MANY third people :P). So, wouldn't it be nice if your code was easily understandable and readable?
You will understand the importance of coding style once you start studying code written by others. Some get so frustrated that they re-indent the entire code base (:P) which leads to worse problems!! :P. So, better write understandable code. Coding is an art and an art is nothing without presentation!
A very good guide to coding style can be found in the linux kernel documentation.
Just check out Documentation/CodingStyle in the Linux kernel sources. Remember that this coding style is recommended by people who have written/maintained millions of LOC. It has to be the best. And it is!
The file also provides a configuration to be integrated with emacs so that emacs does some of the things automatically for you. Emacs is great!
Welcome to the world where we like to speak quality C !! :)